Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Anniversary

It's been one year today since my heart was pierced and I was convicted in my soul to start this blog.  I feel blessed for having gone through this journey, and thanks to all of you who have traveled with me. 


Now if abortion comes up as a topic of conversation I'm not stricken with guilt or fear, I'm not afraid to speak up and say yes, I've had an abortion. I still choke up a bit, but now its because I have overwhelming compassion for others who also have experienced abortion and those who are thinking about abortion as an option to their own situations.


I will still take the time to come back here write as things continue to touch my life and I am always overwhelmed to see how far my story continues to travel around the world. But more that just taking the time to reflect on this last year, today something else has touch my life. 


As this anniversary has approached, I've wondered how I would feel, and what I would share with you. Funny enough today my news is the Joy of New Life,  today I learned my youngest son and his new wife are expecting their first child (my first living grandchild, not just a step-grandchild). Today we look to the future of a life that will be showered with love and raised with the knowledge that they are wanted and loved by our family, but more importantly, regardless of where life takes them that they are loved by God.


In nine months we will celebrate with them when this child arrives and I'm sure I will take some time to come here and share it with you.


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, thank you for following and leaving comments. I had no idea as to where this would go when I started this last year, and continue to pray that my story would encourage others who struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment