Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

telling...

This morning is a deviation from the story. It's still part, but a current event of the weekend.  I couldn't share this yesterday, it was still to raw at the that point.


Anyone can start a blog, not tell anyone and it's just a journal you keep with minimal consequences if you just decide to just give it up. But telling means someone is watching, someone knows if you just give it up. When I made the choice to do this I knew I had to tell, I needed to tell my family, those whom I would be writing about so they would be prepared for what might come of all of this. And to ask for prayers from some dear friends who would see me though this, and help hold me accountable.  


So I shared my link with my trusted friends, told my husband and my two sons, but the most difficult moment was in telling my father.  To have him standing there, seeing tears well up in his eyes, I am dragging him back to that time with me.  To drag all the painful feelings raw and ragged back to the surface.  He was told about the abortion after I had done it, but it has never been talked about since that time. So this is going to painful, way beyond me, but it is part of my journey. I can only pray for my family as they are being taken along for this ride.


Know that this act is not just about you and the child who's life never had a chance. Know that it stretches far beyond what you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment